Click the links below to see lots of screenshots from the system.
Gather’s initial purpose was as a meals administration system. Gather communities tend to have very healthy meals programs. Meals features include:
Gather is the central place for all your member info. Directory features include:
- Easy photo uploading with drag and drop
- Quickly search for users by name
- Full user profiles including birthdays, vehicles, and emergency contact info
- Children’s profiles accessible by parents/guardians
- Printable version with photos and basic details
- Household pages
- Member info is exportable to CSV
Community is all about sharing. Gather makes it easy to share common resources in a fair and organized way:
- Book rooms, vehicles, or other resources
- Daily, weekly, and monthly calendar views
- Customizable, rich-text resource guidelines so users are reminded of community policies at the time of reservation
- Fine-grained reservation policies including things like event type, max. days per year, max. length, max. days in advance, etc.
- Exportable reservation calendars
Tracking expenses and reimbursements allows a community to take meal sharing to the next level:
Gather is the hub for all your community information. Members never need ask “Where do I find that info?” ever again.
- Great for information that needs frequent and easy access
- Content can be authored in Markdown for simplicity or HTML for greater control
- Page history is tracked and previous versions can be compared to see who changed what
- Key pages can be marked read-only for all except admins and those with the special ‘Wikiist’ role
- Data from external JSON APIs can be imported and displayed
- Beautiful design, delightful and easy to use
- Easy sign-in with a Google account
- A single sign-in for all services – no passwords to remember, and you only need to update your profile info in one place
- Built with data security in mind, using industry-standard frameworks and libraries
- Highly reliable, 99.99% uptime
- Responsive design looks and works great on smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktops
- Fine grained permissions system with roles like admin, photographer, meal biller, meal coordinator, etc.
- For nearby communities, ability to share meals, resources, and contact info, and customize what is shared and what is private
- Fully open source
Planned Feature Roadmap
Gather does a lot but it could do so much more. We’ve got big plans.
- Shared work system for managing community labor
- Full event calendaring system, tightly integrated with meals, reservations, meetings, birthdays, etc.
- Google Drive integration for document storage and collaborative editing
- Mailman and/or Discourse integration for community messaging
Other Major Goals:
- Emergency SMS alerts
- Meeting Minder for coordinating meeting notice, agenda templates, minutes review and distribution, space reservation, etc.
- Online bill payments
- QuickBooks integration
- Private resource lending